in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 23, 2015

ARC Review: Imperfect Truth by Ava Harrison


This book was brilliant! I honestly cannot even put into words how much I loved this book right now. I have been trying to think of what to say, but really the only thing that keeps coming to mind is that I really think this book just needs to be experienced. Imperfect Truth is Ava Harrison's debut novel, and if this is what we can expect in the future I honestly cannot wait to see what else she has coming! This book was fantastic and such a journey. I honestly thought I knew where this was going, but I could not have predicted how everything was going to play out.

Ava can't remember the last time that she was truly happy with her husband. At one time he was her best friend, but now he seems to feel indifferent when it comes to her. Lost in a world that she feels like an outsider in, Ava feels truly alone until a message changes everything. Ava spends her time blogging, and when a popular and handsome author takes an interest in her she feels herself coming back to life. As the two begin to chat, she begins to believe in love and life again. 

This book is truly a book of rediscovering who Ava is and what she wants out of life. She feels lost and alone, and utterly broken at times. Though she once thought her husband was everything she needed, her life is nothing like she pictured and she feels as though he doesn't care about her at all. Ava's husband seems to never fight for her, and she is always feeling as though she is a low priority compared to his work and his family. His mother treats her horribly, and he does nothing to stand up for her. Ava really needed someone and something to wake her up, and though it wasn't ideal, she did find that. Ava started to feel beautiful again and as though someone really saw her. The more she began to receive messages, the more she started to change. But you could really tell that she was always searching for something or someone, and it was clear that she had some issues deep down that needed to be dealt with. I loved Ava's journey so much, and it was beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time. I knew something had to change and that things couldn't continue with her still married, while also spending so much time talking to someone else. Something had to give, and it was a really tough thing to watch at times. 

Overall, this is a book that I think needs to be read blind. I think that if you know all the details ahead of time, you really would lose out on the experience. Ava's story is not easy and it isn't pretty, but the flaws and cracks are what makes her so easy to relate to. I think that every person goes through at least one time in their life that they feel lost and alone, and they struggle with where they are in life versus where they thought that they would be. Not only that, but I think that anyone in a committed relationship or marriage also goes through some of that as well. Relationships take a lot of work, and sometimes a distance grows that seems almost impossible to close. I think that this book is a must read for anyone who has felt any of those things, and it shows that though the road is often hard, that where we end up can be better than what we ever imagined or planned on. I really cannot say enough good things about this book, but it really is one that I would recommend everyone read. Imperfect Truth was emotional and captivating, and I could not put it down. Ava Harrison instantly drew me into her story and with each word I found the outside world falling away as I couldn't focus on anything but this book. I loved her writing style, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Flirty Subs PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iBooks | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment