in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

ARC Review: Betting On It by Violet Blake


Betting On It is the first book in the Callahan Brewery Series by Violet Blake and is also her debut novel. I thought that the blurb and the cover for this story were just too good to pass up, so I was willing to take a risk on this friends to lovers story when I got the chance. I am really glad that I did, and ended up enjoying this story a lot.

Blair Bartlett had been living her life for everyone but herself until a near death experience changed everything for her. She left behind her family and ex-fiance in order to start over near her best friends. On the night before what should have been her wedding, her friends decide that she needs to get out of her rut and they challenger her to complete a sex bucket list. If she doesn't complete the list within the thirty days they give her, then a nude painting of her that she painted will be auctioned off for charity. Blair ends up accepting the help of her best friend's cousin and her lifelong crush to help her complete her list. But Blair also sets a deadline for their relationship, so when the thirty days are over so will their friends with benefits arrangement. But Sawyer has also wanted Blair for as long as he can remember, and he isn't willing to let her go without a fight. Can Sawyer convince Blair that they belong together?

I really liked Sawyer and Blair. These two had a ton of issues on their own, and that made things between them really complicated. Both of them had wanted each other, but had never said anything. I felt like their communication in this story was really the biggest source of all their problems. Unfortunately it didn't really seem to get better as the story progressed. These two should have been working on trusting one another and letting them in rather than constantly running and avoiding their issues. I loved the banter between them though, and I thought that their history and friendship gave them a great base to build a relationship on. Sawyer was sweet and protective, and he was always so great about supporting Blair and being there for her when she needed him. Blair was the same for Sawyer, and I really liked seeing how she was so encouraging and reassuring when he needed it. These two had a great connection, and the chemistry between them was off the charts. I couldn't figure out how they had never tried anything before because of all the sparks between them.

Overall, I thought that this was a good story. I liked the characters and I can't wait to get to know some of them better. I thought that this one was fresh and kept me laughing the entire way through. Betting On It had it all, and I enjoyed the steamy stuff just as much as the emotional moments and the humorous ones. I will say that the ending was a bit rushed to me, and I wish that it hadn't been so abrupt. I felt like we were just starting to get to the good stuff and then it was over. But otherwise, I really didn't have any complaints at all. I would definitely recommend this one to NA fans, and I thought that this book was enjoyable and very easy to get lost in. I look forward to more from Violet Blake in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment